Masi Levarie Soave Classico (75cl)

      Masi
      £16.52
      £17.39
      Save 5%
      VAT included
      day
      :
      hour
      :
      min
      :
      sec
      Quantity:
      Country: Italy
      Region: Veneto
      Appellation: Soave Classico
      Grape: 85% Garganega, 15% Trebbiano di Soave
      Alcohol: 12.5%
      Closure: Synthetic cork

      Producer: Though run by the Boscaini family for six generations, it is really in the last fifty years that Masi has established itself as one of the Veneto's most innovative wine producers. In the late 1950s, they identified certain historic vineyard plots which are vinified as Amarone and bottled separately to this day. In 1964, they launched the now-legendary Campofiorin, which revived the technique of a second fermentation with semi-dried grapes. Masi have also rescued the ancient Oseleta variety from extinction, and continue to use it in two of their celebrated "Supervenetian" wines.

      Vineyard: The grapes are grown in Monteforte d'Alpone, a commune in the historic Soave Classico zone; the name Levarie refers to the east-facing slopes of the area, which benefit from the light and the cool morning sun. The soil is deep and loose-textured, with large areas of basalt and volcanic rock.

      Winery: The grapes were soft crushed and 20% underwent cryomaceration for twenty-four hours at 5C. The remaining 80% was fermented traditionally at 12-16C for 15-20 days in stainless steel tanks, using selected yeasts. The malolactic fermentation was partially completed, and the wine aged for four months: 80% in stainless steel tanks, the remainder in wood.

      Taste: Intense floral nose with clear hints of wisteria flowers, together with bananas and pears. Strikingly fresh on the palate, well-balanced with good weight and structure. Dry and attractive on the finish.

      Goes well with: The intense sense of pear and banana makes it a good companion for baked lake fish, chicken or turkey dishes.
      Masi
      WWB0115

      Data sheet

      Organic
      no
      Alcohol
      yes

      More from this category

      Masi Levarie Soave Classico (75cl)

      £16.52
      £17.39
      Save 5%
      VAT included

      Shipping notice

      shipping.png
      Delivery discount applied for orders over £70 (exc VAT). More info

      Wine notice

      wine-notice
      Images are for illustration purposes only. Contact us for the Vintage available.
      Our Services
      Secure Payments
      100% Secure Payments and advanced fraud protection
      Delivery
      Same or Next day delivery, within availability. Delivery discount applied for orders over £70 (exc VAT)
      Support
      Got Questions? We are here to help.